UEFA has officially announced the shortlist for the title “Best Player of the Year” and there is no presence of Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi. Most recently, UEFA has announced a list of the last 3 candidates for the title […]
UEFA has officially announced the shortlist for the title “Best Player of the Year” and there is no presence of Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi.
Most recently, UEFA has announced a list of the last 3 candidates for the title “Best Player of the Year”. Specifically, Kevin de Bruyne (Man City), Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) and Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich) together will compete for this noble individual award.
Players who won individual titles in the last season will be named in the UEFA Champions League group stage draw ceremony 2020/21 at 18:00 (GMT), Thursday October 1 in Nyon, Switzerland. The draw will be broadcast live on UEFA.com.
Notably, for the first time since 2010, neither Cristiano Ronaldo nor Lionel Messi is in the list of the last three candidates for this title. This is not too difficult to understand when Ronaldo and Messi have gone through a season that does not really stand out.
UEFA Men’s Player of the Year nomination (3 players with the most votes):
– Kevin de Bruyne (Man City): Europe’s top assist player, recorded 20 assists and 13 goals in the Premier League last season.
– Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich): Scored 55 goals in 47 games in all competitions to help Bayern Munich win the treble, including 15 goals in the UEFA Champions League.
– Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich): Showing an excellent performance in the wooden frame on Bayern Munich’s trip to win the 3rd treble, especially 6 clean sheets in the UEFA Champions League.
Neither Messi nor Ronaldo in the list of the last 3 candidates.
The rest of the Top 10 votes:
4. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 53 votes
5. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) 53 votes
6. Thomas Muller (Bayern) 41 votes
7. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) 39 votes
8. Thiago Alcántara (Bayern Munich) 27 votes
9. Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich) 26 votes
10. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) 25 votes
Other individual awards:
- Best female player of the year: Bronze, Harder, Renard
- Best male coach of the year: Hans-Dieter Flick, Jurgen Klopp, Julian Nagelsmann
- Best female coach of the year: Cortés, Lerch, Vasseur
- Male Goalkeeper of the Year: Keylor Navas, Manuel Neuer, Jan Oblak
- Male defender of the year: David Alaba, Alphonso Davies, Joshua Kimmich
- Best male midfielder of the year: Kevin de Bruyne, Thomas Muller, Thiago Alcantara
- Best male striker of the year: Robert Lewandowski, Kylian Mbappe, Neymar
- Best female goalie of the year: Bouhaddi, Endler, Paños
- Best female defenders of the year: Bronze, Goessling, Renard
- Best female midfielder of the year: Gunnarsdóttir, Marozsán, Popp
- Best female striker of the year: Cascarino, Harder, Miedema
- Europa League Player of the Year: Ever Banega, Bruno Fernandes, Rome Lukaku